Saturday 31 October 2020

Shelf Improvement



Finally, I can report some progress on the DIY front. It may not sound like much but I put up some shelves last week, which has definitely made a difference, providing me the storage space that I've found somewhat lacking in our chaotic household, and generally improving the aesthetic feel of our breakfast room, where we currently eat all our meals. 

It wasn't the most straightforward job as I had to temporarily take down the shelving and panel in the bathroom on the otherside of the wall in order to locate where the pipes were and ensure I didn't damage these in the process. Initially, the thought of disrupting the relative harmony of our bathroom was too much, but eventually determination won over my initial reluctance, and I just got on with the task at hand. 

I had to get Sewel to advise me and show me how to use the saw to cut the wood to size, but once we had put one shelf up together, I was able to complete the job on my own. I am proud of my handiwork and delighted, not only to have somewhere to store the children's stationary and craft activities, but to also have a shelf to display my Russian Dolls! It's a small start but I'm hoping to see more progress before the year is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment